Monday, February 8, 2010

Mastering the Art of French Cooking

I was on my CNY shopping last weekend. Instead of buying new clothes or CNY stuff, I got a cookbook instead. Actually, it was more of an accident. My brother was buying stationeries at Popular, and I was browsing along the bookshelves. Normally, I would make a beeline to the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section, but that day was different, I headed to the cooking / baking section. Weird.

While browsing, I stumbled on this book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". I was actually hoping to buy this book from amazon.com, but it would bear a hefty cost. I blame a movie I watched recently - Julie and Julia.

This book is quite useful for any Kitchen Enthusiast. Besides teaching you quite a lot of French Cuisine, it actually teaches you preparation techniques with illustrations and wine. Very useful for all types of cooking / baking.

The price is RM71.90, if I'm not mistaken. There's still like 3 copies left in Popular Bookstore in Sunway Pyramid.

Note: The picture is courtesy of amazon.com and the edition I was referring is paperback and the size of a standard novel.  Not like the picture above.

No comments: